Slow Food started in Italy in the 1980’s, to read about the history, click here.
Supporting Slow Food, Berry to Jervis Bay community assists to create and sustain projects that defend food and agricultural diversity, support local producers and ensure better quality food for all.
Slow Food Berry to JB is entirely organised and run by volunteers, while drawing talent, expertise, and ambition from our producers, members and friends in our region.
Our Executive Committee meet in Berry on the 1st Monday of every month from 10 am.
Social and Educational events are held regularly from Kangaroo Valley and Berry right down to Jervis Bay.
Our ethos is that food should no longer be considered as just a commodity and a source of profit, but a way of respecting sustainable producers, the environment, and asserting the pleasure of taste!
As Slow Food members we share…
- FUN fundraising events centred around showcasing the best local produce, prepared by some of our fabulous local chefs in amazing locations.
- Contributing to a worthwhile cause while enjoying good food with friends and making some new ones
- A network of people with common goals
- Organising, educating, ideas, knowledge and food – protect and enjoy your community’s culinary heritage and maintaining the health of your community and landscape.. become involved… any way you wish
- Slow Food’s philosophy in practice – by slowing down and using your senses to be a responsible consumer who chooses to enjoy quality food produced in harmony with the earth and local culture
- Food for thought – stay in touch with the worldwide Slow Food network through electronic and printed publications such as Slow Food Berry to JB’s communications and websites, monthly Slow Food and Terra Madre newsletters on our Slowfood.com International site and a variety of national journals.