Beetroots are loaded with health benefits, like improved blood flow and lower blood pressure. They are a good source of fibre, folate, manganese, potassium, iron and Vitamin C.So to make the most of all these wonderful benefits, here’s a truly tasty, quick recipe for oven baked Beetroot Chips. It’s one of my favourite winter snacks.It doesn’t have the ‘earthy’ flavour that puts so many people off eating un-canned beetroot, thanks to the Rosemary and Salt, and it’s a natural and healthy a snack you don’t have to feel guilty about.If you happen to own a mandolin slicer, use it, as it’s important to slice these both thinly and uniformly so they cook evenly and crispy.
- 1 Spray Olive Oil Spray or a drizzle
- 3 Large Beetroots sliced in very thin slices Slice with a mandolin if you have one
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- Position your oven rack in the centre of the oven, and then preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 F).
- Thinly slice beetroots with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible. They will curl a little when cut which indicates they are thin enough and will be crisp and even after baking.
- Lay them on your baking sheets and lightly drizzle or spray with olive oil, adding the salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss to coat them and then arrange in a single layer, making sure the slices aren’t touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch them very closely after 15 minutes as they can go from perfect to burnt very quickly.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve.