Slow Food started in Italy in the 1980’s, to read about their history, click here.
Slow Food Berry to JB is entirely organised and run by volunteers, drawing talent, expertise, and ambition from our members and friends in our region.
Our Committee Meetings are held in Berry on the 1st Monday of the month at 10 am and afterwards enjoy a lunch at a selected local restaurant.
Social and Educational events are held regularly between Kangaroo Valley, Berry right down to Jervis Bay.
Supporting your local Slow Food community assists to create and sustain projects that defend food diversity, local produce and better quality food for all.
Food should no longer be considered a commodity and a source of profit, but a way of respecting producers and the environment, and asserting the pleasure of taste
As Slow Food members we share…
- FUN fundraising events centred around showcasing the best local produce, prepared by some of our fabulous local chefs in amazing locations.
- Contributing to a worthwhile cause while enjoying good food with friends and making some new ones
- A network of people with common goals
- Organising, educating, ideas, knowledge and food – protect and enjoy your community’s culinary heritage and maintaining the health of your community and landscape.. become involved… any way you wish
- Slow Food’s philosophy in practice – by slowing down and using your senses to be a responsible consumer who chooses to enjoy quality food produced in harmony with the earth and local culture
- Food for thought – stay in touch with the worldwide Slow Food network through electronic and printed publications such as Slow Food Berry to JB’s communications and websites, monthly Slow Food and Terra Madre newsletters on our Slowfood.com International site and a variety of national journals.
Become a Member
Slow Food Berry to JB
PO Box 80
Berry NSW 2535